Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mmmmm. Artisan Bread.


Our first loaf of bread
After reading my friend Cindy's posts about bread, I decided I needed to make some. I really wanted to try the artisan bread she's mentioned a few times, so we looked up the basic recipe. Wow.

When the book is called Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day, you're tempted to scoff in disbelief. Don't. Just buy it. Even though we've only made the basic loaf, we're hooked. Fresh bread every day without making dough every day? Oh yeah! No kneading? A million recipes from just a few freezable doughs? I'll take it.


This was the easiest and most satisfying bread-making experience I've ever had. If this is what being a homemaker is all about, maybe I can handle it after all. At least now one thing my home will never lack is fresh bread--they may be eating PB&J for dinner, but it will be on homemade bread.


We can't wait to try more of the recipes. Especially the one where you take sweet dough, put chocolate inside, deep fry it, and then dust with powdered sugar. Mmmm....


1 comment:

Please leave a comment; knowing people are reading encourages me to keep writing.