Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sick Days

For the last three days, Cimorene and I have both been sick. Not a really nasty bug, just a cold, but it's hard to see her sick when I'm not feeling up to doing much about it.

At the same time, I've found that there are plus sides to this particular trial.
  1. My daughter has been much more cuddly. For those of you who know Cim, she loves to be held but does NOT cuddle or snuggle unless she's on the verge of falling asleep. So I've enjoyed, over the last couple days, her frequent micro-cuddles: she turns and buries her face in my collar bone or shoulder, holds it for about 3-5 seconds, and then pops back up like she's coming up for air. Sometimes she'll even lay her head on my shoulder for as long as 10 seconds.
  2. I have a wonderful husband and mother-in-law who have taken Cimorene at different times so that I can lay down and nap or read. I've felt much better for these periods of down-time.
  3. I haven't felt at all guilty about reading books that don't require any brain power. When my head is pounding, I can't concentrate on anything but fluff, so why not pick up another Regency Romance? (I'm slowly and inexorably making my way through my mother-in-law's shelf. Then maybe I'll move on to my father-in-law's...)
I'd still rather not be sick, and I'd rather not have a sick baby, but I'm grateful it's no worse, and grateful for the things that make it just a little better.

1 comment:

  1. I still love when my children are sick for the very reason that this is the only stuggle time I get with a teenager and a child with autism. Call me a bad parent, but I will take it any way I can get it!

    I am sorry to hear that you two are not up to your chipper selves. Hope you feel better soon. The sun is on it's way I am just sure of it! That is my prayer every night at least!

    We sure miss your entire family but we hope you nothing but the best.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment; knowing people are reading encourages me to keep writing.